Monday 8 July 2013

B is for Brownies

Sixteen years ago on the second Saturday of August, I was at the village show. Now Thornton-le-Beans Village show and sports happens every year and is the highlight of the Village Social Calender. Now this particular village show sticks out in the memory more than all the others for reason. It was this day I approached a girl dressed as a playing card, I was dressed as a Kitchen Table at the time - don't ask, and asked her if she wanted to be my partner for the fiercely competitive three legged race. Who was to know that the little playing card and I were to become best friends. So close we even have to this day keys to each other houses and regards the others house as a second home. Now sixteen years later we are still going strong.



There is one food that I associate with Rachel more than anything and that is her mums chocolate Brownies. This weekend Rachel and I got together to have a catch up and to draft ideas for her wedding cake- this ironically is not going to be Chocolate Brownies- but it has lead me to choose this recipe as my next recipe. So this post is dedicated to Rachel, Her mum Claire (Mum 2) and the world famous Turner Brownies

Claire's Chocolate Brownies

 
 
4 Eggs
 
1 Lb Caster Sugar
8oz Butter
 
3 oz Cocoa Powder
 
4 oz Self Raising Flour
 
 
Break the eggs and cream together in a bowl with the sugar
 
Melt the butter and add the Cocoa Powder and stir
 
 
Mix the Eggs mixture and the butter mixture together. When properly  mixed add the flour
 
 
Tip into a lined tray bake tin and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until it reaches the desired texture at 180'c
 
 
Leave to cool and enjoy
 
 
My Opinion:- These brownies are such an integral part of my childhood that I can't criticise them. I have eaten them in floods of tears and at moments of great joy and they always make me smile.  At Uni I sometimes chucked in some cherries as well. They are another simple bake and are perfect for bribing the male of the species with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment